Water Damage Restoration
Water Damage tips until help arrives
1. Is it safe to stay in the house?
2. Electrical or “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
3. Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
4. Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
5. Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
6. Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
7. Remove and prop up wet upholstery and cushions to have ability to dry.
8. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
9. Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer–If applicable.
10. Remove art objects to a safe dry place.
11. Gather all loose items from floors.
12. Don’t leave wet fabrics in place & Hang furs and leather goods to dry.
13. Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
14. Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
15. Don’t use television or other household appliances.
16. Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
These are simple but helpful tips until professional help can be located and contacted.
Categorised in: Uncategorized