Making yourself a sandwich only to find that your bread is full of mold can really put a damper on your day. Though that’s a bit of a bummer, living in a home with a mold infestation can be a serious problem for everyone in your household. Even small quantities of mold can lead to breathing problems, headaches, nausea and other severe health issues.
The bad news is that mold doesn’t have to be visible for it to be a problem—it can be hiding behind your walls, under your floors or up in the ceiling. The good news, however, is that mold testing in Erie County, NY can easily identify mold. Continue reading to learn a few signs that you need to call our professionals at Ahold of Mold Environmental for a test and potential mold remediation:
- Your home has water damage:
Flood issues don’t stop once the water is removed. Often times, mold grows in homes that were recently flooded or previously had extensive water damage. Call us for a mold test right away after all the water has been removed from your house.
- You have leaky pipes:
Along the same lines, leaking pipes tend to lead to mold growth over time. Once your plumber fixes your leaking pipes, bring in our experts to test your home for mold growth. You can bet that the mold will only continue to grow unless it’s remediated by a professional.
- You smell mold:
Mold has a very distinctive, musty odor. If you or anyone in your home notices a gross smell, don’t just spray air freshener to temporary get rid of the aroma—call a remediation expert to get rid of the mold! After remediation, you’ll enjoy living in a healthy and fresh-smelling home.
- You can see the mold:
This one’s easy—if you spot mold anywhere in your house, give us a call to test it! Even if it doesn’t look like highly dangerous black mold, it could still be emitting mold spores that make breathing difficult, especially for those with allergies.
- You have allergies:
|Speaking of allergies, anyone who has a history of allergic reactions should call us immediately for mold testing in Erie County, NY. Mold is known to cause severe allergic reactions and should be remediated as soon as possible to avoid a trip to the emergency room.
- Your humidity is too high:
Mold thrives in humid environments, so if your house feels overly humid, especially in the summer, there’s a good chance that you have mold growing somewhere in your house. First, buy a dehumidifier to get some of that moisture out of the air, and then give us a call to get rid of the mold once and for all!
If you’ve noticed any of the signs above, or if you’ve never had your home tested before, give Ahold of Mold Environmental a call right away for mold testing in Erie County, NY. We’ll send a team out to investigate your mold and remediate the issue as quickly as possible.
Categorised in: Mold Prevention