Mold is a legitimate concern for property owners. It’s important to remove this growth in homes and businesses to promote a healthy living and work environment. That’s why mold inspectors in Erie County, PA are available.
Unfortunately, not all companies are trustworthy. Some illegitimate businesses try to scam unsuspecting property owners. How can you know if you are dealing with one of these organizations? Look for the following red flags that someone is attempting to pull a mold remediation scam:
- There’s no cost: Is a mold inspector in Erie County, PA offering to complete mold testing for free? This service costs money, so an honest company typically charges for the service.
- There’s no accountability: Is the same company offering to test for mold and provide the remediation service? If no third party is involved to review their work, the company has every incentive to find mold in your home and then claim they have removed it, even if none of this is true.
- There’s no certification: Reputable mold remediators and mold inspectors in Erie County, PA are certified by an industry organization. Look for certification by the Mold Inspection Consulting and Remediation Organization, the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors or the Professional Mold Inspection Institute.
- There’s no paperwork: Trustworthy companies put everything in writing. Their services, charges and any other information you need or have discussed should be provided in writing, either digitally or on paper. A verbal agreement or a handshake are not enough. If a company hesitates or refuses to put anything in writing, they are probably running a scam.
- There’s no reference: An experienced, reputable company is able to provide references. Always ask for recommendations from previous clients. You can do your own checking, too. Read online reviews and ask around to see what kind of experiences others have had with the company.
- There’s no guarantee: Scammers probably aren’t going to offer to stand behind their work, because they know it’s shoddy. If the company won’t provide any kind of warranty or guarantee for results or service, this is a red flag that the service they are providing isn’t good enough to be backed by a guarantee.
- There’s no payment plan: Is the company asking for the entire payment upfront? This isn’t typical of honest mold inspectors in Erie County, PA. While it’s normal to ask for some payment upfront to cover costs, legitimate companies typically don’t demand the rest of the payment until the job is completed and they have produced satisfactory results.
Avoid Scams: Go with the Pros
Do you need to hire reliable mold inspectors in Erie County, PA? Ahold of Mold Environmental is your go-to source. Family owned and operated, we are proud to bring over two decades of experience to every job. Our team includes environmental hygienists, drainage contractors, engineers, architects, remediation contractors and indoor air quality experts. Our team is capable of diagnosing, remediation and repairing mold and water damage of nearly any extent. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Uncategorized