If your home has suffered water damage, you’ll be amazed at how quickly the moisture can wreak havoc on your home. If mold is allowed to set in, it can spread quickly, eating away at the structural components of your home and spreading its spores around in such a way that it can affect the respiratory health of anyone living in your home.
Don’t allow this spread to occur—it’s important to take action as soon as you become aware of potential water damage in your home so you can mitigate the potential effects. Here’s an overview of what you should know about water damage cleanup in Erie County:
- Inspection: The first step you take should be to inspect your property so you can determine the extent of the problem. You can hire professionals to come out and carefully analyze your property after you’ve discovered a leak or suffered water damage or flooding from a storm. This will allow you to get a sense of the full scope of the problem and the type and amount of work that will need to be done. Upon completion of the inspection, the contractors will offer you a quote for your job.
- Dehumidifying: Mold of all types can produce allergens that can affect your respiratory health. By cleaning up and removing the mold, you’ll improve your indoor air quality to create a much healthier indoor atmosphere. It is also important to focus on dehumidifying the house so you can create an environment that is not as conducive to mold formation.
- Proper cleanup: It is important to use the proper equipment, cleaning products and technique when removing mold from your home. Skilled mold remediation professionals will have moisture meters and infrared thermal imaging cameras that will help them find all the mold in your home and eliminate it.
- Water damage repair: It’s not enough to just eliminate the mold, though this is an important step of addressing the damage done to your property. You also need to fix the source of the water damage so you can prevent further mold spread from becoming an issue. The inspection of your property should have revealed not only where the mold was, but also how it came to be there. This means if there are any leaks in your plumbing or roof, you must patch them up. Or, if you have issues with a sump pump or drain tile, you must fix them to avoid flooding issues.
- Sanitize: Once everything is cleaned up and repaired, it is important to fully sanitize all affected areas to remove any effects the mold might have had on your home and to make the area safe for habitation again.
For more information about the steps you should take if you know you are in need of water damage cleanup in Erie County, or to schedule an appointment for service, we encourage you to reach out to the mold remediation specialists at Ahold of Mold Environmental today. We’d be happy to be of assistance.
Categorised in: Water Damage Restoration