Leave Mold Remediation to a Professional
Stopping mold goes beyond scrubbing surfaces with bleach and hoping it works. Controlling mold is challenging for even the most experienced mold inspection and remediation experts in Erie County because mold grows anywhere and frequently returns. You do not want to make mold removal a time-consuming DIY project only to find your family members suffer illness again. Here are five reasons to leave mold remediation to the professionals:
- Finding the source: Many homeowners try tackle a mold problem by cleaning the areas where they see it. However, the mold you see is often not located at its source. Common sources include air conditioning vents, ducts and other unseen areas in your home. You can spend time and money on cleaning without actually taking care of the problem. If you hire a mold expert, they will find the source, kill the mold there and then finish the rest of the cleanup.
- Proper treatment: A quick Google search reveals many home treatments for mold, with bleach being one of the most popular suggestions. However, bleach merely removes the color of the mold, making it appear to be gone. In reality, it remains, and you still have a mold problem that needs to be addressed. A mold remediation company finds the mold source, treats and cleans all the affected areas and seals off the mold—all while using cleaners that kill mold rather than just make it invisible.
- Prevent recurrence: Mold can come and go because previous treatments were not thorough. If you hire mold inspection and remediation experts in Erie County, you do not need to worry about mold recurrence. Many reputable companies offer a warranty and free follow-up service if the mold appears again, so you enjoy guarantees that you will not receive if you insist on DIY. Also, mold often comes from sources homeowners did not expect—these spots will not go without scrutiny by our employees.
- Prevention pointers: After an inspection and remediation, our employees give homeowners tips on keeping mold from coming back. If they find a leak or an issue with your air conditioning unit that traps moisture and leads to mold, they will let you know so you can address that problem. Many needed house repairs that contribute to mold growth escape the attention of homeowners, but mold remediators do not miss these issues.
- Save time and money: When you hire a mold remediation expert, the job is one and done. Reputable companies offer warranties and will return to your home if mold re-emerges, but that is not likely to happen. On the other hand, you can waste time and money on several unsuccessful DYI efforts and likely never discover the mold source. Also, if any household members suffer from respiratory sensitivities, you create a healthier environment when you hire the experts. Money once spent on copays and doctor visits remains in your bank account because you removed the mold trigger.
Ahold of Mold Environmental is your Erie County mold inspection and remediation expert. Contact us to see if mold is your home’s issue, and if so, we can get rid of it quickly. Let us help you take the first step to safer and better indoor air quality—call today to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Mold Prevention