Is Dried-Out Mold Dangerous?

May 4, 2021

The presence of mold is a major problem in many homes. It can cause a litany of health issues, including an itchy throat, constant cough, eye irritation and more. More intense symptoms are often present in those who have asthma or who have been exposed to mold for long periods of time. If you notice any mold in your home, it’s important to have it removed as soon as possible, even if the mold has seemingly dried out.

Mold will sometimes dry out and die over time, but it can still cause plenty of issues. Even after the mold has died it is sometimes hard to get rid of, which is why it’s best to contact a mold removal specialist in Northern PA to address the issue.

More about dried-out mold

If mold isn’t getting an adequate amount of moisture, it will likely dry out and die over time. The mold never completely goes away, though. Spores will remain in the same place until professionally removed. Even worse, mold can eventually be brought back to life if conditions allow. All it takes is the right amount of moisture to facilitate growth from these dried-out mold spores.

How dried-out mold can affect you

After dried-out mold comes back to life, it can spread quickly. Preventing this is easy as long as you contact a mold removal specialist in Northern PA right away. It’s important to note that dried-out mold could cause all the same symptoms as active mold, including skin issues, itchy eyes, sore throat and more.

If you’re showing these symptoms, consider having a mold inspection performed at your home. As mentioned above, breathing in mold spores for a long period of time could cause serious health issues.

Having mold removed

Some people try to remove mold on their own, but it’s usually best to contact a professional. It’s easy to miss spots of mold when trying to remove spores through DIY methods. Since these spores spread quickly, even one patch of mold could negate any removal work you’ve done. Mold removal also requires certain equipment that not everyone has lying around.

A mold professional will usually use plastic sheeting to cover any areas where mold is present. They will then use a series of equipment to remove the mold from any surfaces, as well as mold spores from the air. Mold removal may take anywhere from one day to around a week to complete, depending on how large the infestation is.

Preventing the growth of mold

It’s always better to prevent mold from growing in the first place. This is usually quite easy as long as you keep moisture from collecting in any parts of your home. Ask your mold removal specialist for advice when it comes to preventing mold growth. Simple ways of preventing mold growth include using a dehumidifier, routinely checking for leaks and wiping up puddles.

If mold is plaguing your home, be sure to contact the Northern PA mold removal professionals at Ahold of Mold Environmental today! We will work hard to get rid of your mold problem quickly and efficiently.

Categorised in:

Western NY

Western NY

Northern PA

Northern PA

Ahold of Mold Environmental is proud to serve the mold testing, air quality testing, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, and basement restoration needs of customers in Buffalo NY, Williamsville NY, Cheektowaga NY, Amherst NY, Orchard Park NY, West Seneca NY, Clarence NY, Jamestown NY, Ellicottville NY, West Falls NY, Chautauqua NY, Bemus Point NY, Fredonia NY, Dunkirk NY, Westfield NY, Erie PA, Warren PA, and the surrounding areas.

Contact Us for a Consultation!

Western NY
(716) 898-8143
Northern PA
(814) 217-0695
Ahold Of Mold Environmental